Finally, we can see what Pinocchio’s lies will lead to in the upcoming Lies of P.
Developer Round8 Studio will show fans a look at alpha gameplay later today. The video will premiere at 3 pm CT. We do not know how long the video is nor what will all be shown, but we do have an idea. In the video’s description, it says fans should notice “the reactive counter-attacks, the array of unique weapons to find and put to use, and that Pinocchio’s own mechanical arm acts as an additional tool or weapon to give unique skills – such as a grappling hook and more.” You can check out the video when it debuts below.
Publisher Neowiz and Round8 Studio announced the strange, yet intriguing game mixture back in May of this year. The game plans to be a dark reimagining of the classic Pinocchio tale with Souls-like gameplay. Despite no release date, it will launch for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series, and PC on Steam.
Lies of P Overview
The game is described by the developer as follows:
You wake up at an abandoned train station in Krat, a city overwhelmed by madness and bloodlust. In front of you lies a single note that reads:
“Find Mr. Geppetto. He’s here in the city.”
Play as Pinocchio, a puppet mechanoid, and fight through everything in your path to find this mystery person. But don’t expect any help along the way and don’t make the mistake of trusting anyone.
You must always lie to others if you hope to become human.
Inspired by the familiar story of Pinocchio, Lies of P is an action souls-like game set in a cruel, dark Belle Époque world. All of humanity is lost in a once beautiful city that has now become a living hell filled with unspeakable horrors. Lies of P offers an elegant world filled with tension, a deep combat system and a gripping story. Guide Pinocchio and experience his unrelenting journey to become human.
- A Dark Fairytale Retold – The timeless tale of Pinocchio re-imagined with dark and striking visuals. Set in the fallen city of Krat, Pinnochio desperately fights to become human against all odds.
- Visual Concept – The city of Krat inspired by the Belle Époque Era in Europe (late 19th Century to the early 20th Century) and the epitome of a collapsed city bereft of prosperity.
- ‘Lying’ Quests and Multiple Endings – Experience interconnected procedural quests that play out depending on how you lie. These choices will then affect how the story ends.
- Weapon-Making System – You can combine weapons in a multitude of ways to create something new altogether. Research to find the best combinations and make something truly special.
- Special Skill System – With Pinocchio being a doll, you can change parts of his body to gain new skills and hopefully an edge in battle. But not all of the enhancements are for fighting though, they can also provide several other unique and useful features.
You can check out the story trailer below and find additional information on the game’s website here.