A new month means more titles making their debut on Xbox Game Pass. With the release of the Xbox Series X/S just around the corner, Microsoft seems to be bulking up its offerings.
Microsoft announced 14 new titles coming to the subscription service with some arriving as early as tomorrow. Those titles include: Carto, Day of the Tentacle Remastered, Five Nights at Freddy’s 1-4, Full Throttle Remastered, Grim Fandango Remastered, PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds, ScourgeBringer, Unruly Heroes, Celeste, Deep Rock Galactic, Eastshade, Knights and Bikes, and ARK: Survival Evovled: Explorer’s Edition. Phew, that was a lot to get through.
It’s important to note, as always, not all titles will be on the console, PC, or android versions of Game Pass. Here are details with the arrival date for each game.
” October 27
- Carto (Console & PC) ID@Xbox – Separated from her Granny during a storm, young Carto must use her innate cartography powers to map and manipulate the world around her on her quest to be reunited. As she discovers new “pieces” of the game map, players can rearrange them to shape the levels themselves—unlocking new paths, puzzles, and story moments.
- Day of the Tentacle Remastered (Console & PC) – Released by LucasArts in 1993 as a sequel to Ron Gilbert’s groundbreaking Maniac Mansion, Day of the Tentacle is a mind-bending, time travel, cartoon puzzle adventure game in which three unlikely friends work together to prevent an evil mutated purple tentacle from taking over the world! Double Fine’s remastered version is a perfectly preserved piece of puzzle and adventure, and it’s now available with Game Pass! Travel through time and enjoy revamped artwork (or swap back and forth between classic and remastered modes) as you solve puzzles across multiple eras. Day of the Tentacle is an all-time comedy classic and this special edition has been lovingly restored and remade with the care and attention that can only come from involving the game’s original creators.
- Five Nights at Freddy’s (Android, Console & PC) ID@Xbox – The Freddy Fazbear animatronics beloved by thousands of children have always been quirky, especially after hours… Many previous night guards have reported they act almost “possessed”, but that can’t be, they are just machines, right? There is nothing for you to worry about. Play through the original four titles and discover for yourself. Just show up for your night shift and do the job well and everything will be alright. Or will it…
- Full Throttle Remastered (Console & PC) – Originally released by LucasArts in 1995, Full Throttle is a classic graphic adventure game from industry legend Tim Schafer, telling the story of Ben Throttle, a butt-kicking biker caught up in a tale of motorcycles and mayhem. Remastered by the mischievous folks at Double Fine Productions, Full Throttle Remastered features all new hand-drawn artwork and fresh audio. There’s never been a better way to experience this classic piece of adventure game history!
- Grim Fandango Remastered (Console & PC) – One of the most acclaimed adventure games of all time arrives on Xbox Game Pass! Manny Calavera is a travel agent at the Department of Death, selling luxury packages to recently departed souls on their four-year journey to eternal rest. But there’s trouble in paradise: a conspiracy that threatens Manny’s very salvation and the afterlife itself. Originally released by LucasArts in 1998, Grim Fandango’s remastered edition comes care of Double Fine Productions and brings revamped visuals and sounds (including fully orchestrated music) to a beloved classic.
- PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds (Android) ID@Xbox – Land, loot and outwit your opponents to become the last player left standing in a thrilling game experience full of unexpected, adrenaline-pumping moments. PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds’s new Season 9 is dropping on October 29 with a new map called Paramo. Cradled hidden among the clouds in the highlands of South America lies Paramo, an ancient land with ancient secrets. Paramo is a three-by-three map with a dynamic world new to PUBG. This dynamic world system alters locations between matches, making every trip to Paramo a unique experience. Take on the Battlegrounds like never before with cloud gaming (Beta) with Xbox Game Pass Ultimate.
- ScourgeBringer (Android) ID@Xbox – From the developers of NeuroVoider, ScourgeBringer is a fast-paced free-moving roguelite platformer, much like a crossbreed between Dead Cells and Celeste. Set in a post-apocalyptic world where a mysterious entity wreaked havoc on all humanity, ScourgeBringer puts you in the shoes of the deadliest warrior of her clan: Kyhra. Help her explore the unknown and slash her way through ancient machines guarding the seal of her past, and maybe the redemption of humanity.
- Unruly Heroes (Android, Console & PC) ID@Xbox – Grab your controller and set out on an epic adventure of intrigue and discovery inspired by the timeless 16th century Chinese novel “Journey to the West.” With its simple to pick up, hard to master combat system across 4 playable characters, evolving gameplay and surprises galore, Unruly Heroes is not your run-of-the-mill action-platformer. Take on the roles of Wukong the Monkey King, Sanzang the Sleepy Monk, Kihong the Greedy Pig and Sandmonk the Sensitive Brute as they travel westward in search of the scattered remnants of the Sacred Scroll. Along the way, whether it be solo or in local co-op, master the combined strength of the heroes and kung-fu fight a diverse lineup of creatures and demons within a colorful hand-drawn fantasy world.
- Celeste (Android, Console & PC) ID@Xbox – Help Madeline survive her inner demons on her journey to the top of Celeste Mountain, in this super-tight platformer from the creators of TowerFall. Brave hundreds of hand-crafted challenges, uncover devious secrets, and piece together the mystery of the mountain.
- Comanche (PC) – Comanche is a modern helicopter shooter set in the near future. You have the choice to delve into the evolving single-player campaign and make a difference in a conflict of global proportions or compete with other Comanche players from all around the world in the explosive, team-based multiplayer modes.
- Deep Rock Galactic (Android, Console & PC) ID@Xbox – A one-to-four player co-op first-person shooter featuring badass space Dwarves, 100% destructible environments, procedurally-generated caves, and endless hordes of alien monsters. It’s a one-of-a-kind co-op experience with four specialized classes, a plethora of heavy weaponry and high-tech gadgets, and next-level space mining to collect gold, gems, and other precious minerals for your corporate overlords.
- Eastshade (Android, Console & PC) ID@Xbox – You are a travelling painter, exploring the island of Eastshade. Capture the world on canvas using your artist’s easel. Talk to the inhabitants to learn about their lives. Make friends and help those in need. Discover mysteries and uncover secrets about the land. Surmount natural impasses to reach forgotten places. Experience how your actions impact the world around you.
- Knights and Bikes (Console & PC) ID@Xbox – Knights and Bikes is a hand-painted action-adventure for one or two players, set on a British Island in the 1980s. It’s a coming-of-age story starring Nessa and Demelza, exploring the coasts of Penfurzy on their trusty bikes, looking for a legendary lost treasure in a Goonies-inspired tale of excitement, danger, fun and friendship.
- ARK: Survival Evolved: Explorer’s Edition (Android, Console & PC) ID@Xbox – Combining the base game (already available with Xbox Game Pass) with 3 massive Expansion Packs, ARK: Survival Evolved Explorer’s Edition is an ultimate way to get even more dinosaur action! The Explorer’s Edition gives you access to the mega hit ARK: Survival Evolved as well as the Scorched Earth, Aberration, and Extinction expansion packs, adding nearly 900 hours of gameplay! Each DLC is available for individual download as well.
With the addition of these titles, Microsoft also revealed the games set to depart from Game Pass on October 30. Those games include:
- After Party (Console)
- LEGO Star Wars III (Console)
- Rise & Shine (Console)
- Tacoma (Console & PC)
- The Lord of the Rings: Adventure Card Game (Console & PC)
- The Red Strings Club (PC)
You can find all the additional news Microsoft announced alongside these games by visiting the official post linked above.
Which ones are you most excited to jump into? I look forward to tackling the world of Celeste and trying to compose myself as I fulfill the night guard role at Freddy’s.